Update: I’ve emailed the Indosat Wiigo pre-order team (which I got by visiting indosat.com/wiigo), asking about their el-cheapo Android OS handset, and they have answered some of my questions:
1. Does the Wiigo support GMail, Google Maps, Buzz etc.?
– Does not support Google services.
2.Does it support Twitter, Facebook, Y!M, etc.?
– Non-Google have their own 3rd party apps.
3. Does it support Google Market?
– Does not support Google Market
4. What’s the processor speed?
– Maximum processor speed 624 Mhz Marvell PXA 310.
Their answers were quite as terse as I’ve outlined above, just four sentences. My questions were a bit longer; I summarized them to the above. The conversation was in Indonesian. No, their response did not inspire me want to want to buy the Wiigo more /:)
It seems that either the Wiigo marketing team need more training, or that even they don’t really believe in their product. Perhaps it’s both…
[Discussions at other places: Indosat Wiigo thread – forumponsel.com (in Indonesian)]